Tuesday, June 12, 2007

for the record...

Let the record know that the Artemis Fowl series is very addicting. I was up until 4am finishing the last 300 pages or so of Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony. That's impressive because I haven't done that with a book since book 5 of the Harry Potter series. (When book 6 for Harry Potter came out I think I might have actually slept). I just could not put it down. It's one of those series that's geared towards children, but also enjoyable for adults to read. I'd have to say it's a blend of fantasy, dry wry humor (the band of heroes also happens to be a band of smartasses, something Fowl author Eoin Colfer acknowlegdes in the book), James Bond action/cool weaponry, and maybe a bit of Encyclopedia Brown just because of the variety of factoids and depth of knowledge (then again, that's to be expected... the protaganist is a boy genius after all). Apologies for that long, hackneyed sentence. The Artemis Fowl series will also become a graphic novel (fancy word for "long comic book;" not a novel that is graphic) sometime in fall of this year, according to the series' official site.

I know this is YourFamilyGames, and I should be talking about video games, but there are other hobbies in life that are equally and/or more interesting. I feel it is okay to bring these topics up, at least every once in a while. Maybe I can move this post somewhere more out-of-the-way, so video game news can still take priority... I'm pathetically new at using Blogger >_< class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_0">th
, 2007. I have yet to meet a person who read the book and didn't like it.

No comments:

ESRB Widget

(copyright ESRB 2008)